Motivii Limited ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The data controller is Motivii Limited of 10 Rocombe Crescent, London, United Kingdom, SE23 3BL, United Kingdom. registration reference: ZA110808
We want to help you make work better by building tools that enable you to be on it at work. To achieve this, when you use Motivii, some information you submit will have your name on it; other information you submit will be anonymized and no one will be able to tell that the information came from you.
Motivii Updates are split into two parts: (1) Highlights, Challenges and Key Priorities; and (2) Survey Questions.
We believe the people you work with directly, like your Manager or others in your group, should be able to see your Highlights, Challenges and Key Priorities. By default, if you are connected to your Manager only, only they can see this information by name. However, if you choose, you can also share this with other people you work with. You submit this data in the first part of your Motivii Update.
The second part includes answers to Survey Questions. Your answers to Survey Questions are personal to you and these are always anonymized. We promise never to share your individual answers with anyone. For the purposes of group analysis by your Manager or Organization, we provide aggregated answers, but only if 3 or more answers have been submitted by you and other Users in response to the same question. If Users have provided fewer than three individual answers to the same question, your Manager or Organization will get no information at all regarding your Survey Questions.
- All answers to Survey Questions are anonymised. The answers you contribute to Survey Questions, are only seen when there is a minimum of a three person team or group contributing answers as part of the same cluster. This is to protect your anonymity.
- You own your personal data and have a personal privacy agreement directly with us even if your Organization is using Motivii. You can request the right to be forgotten and we will delete all data that has your name on it. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a download of all your data.
- We want to make work better. Motivii does this by providing Employees, Managers and Organizations with better insight on themselves and their people.
- Your own Highlights, Challenges, Key Priorities, Objectives and Comments have your name on them and by default are only accessible by you and your Manager (if you are connected to them on Motivii).
- No Advertising - we will never use your data to help advertisers target you, or have advertising on our platform.
Information we may collect from you
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in information requested during the registration process of Motivii, by using Motivii or by corresponding by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you submit content to Motivii, and when you report a problem with Motivii. The information you give us may include your name, work e-mail address and password.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to your use of Motivii we may automatically collect (and you consent to us accessing and collecting) the following information:
- In order to help you log into the service and protect your account’s technical information, including the type of mobile device you use (Device), a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, the time zone setting, and location data. Note: This data is not provided to your Manager or Organization. It is only used to optimise your experience of our service.
- Submitted Data, this is the data you provide when interacting with Motivii e.g. answers to Survey Questions, Highlights, details of your use of Motivii including, but not limited to, traffic data and metadata on content submitted.
- Information we receive from your Organization or Manager. Your Organization or Manager may provide certain additional information to us regarding your employment, including your job title, function and location of work, and may update that information from time to time, including if you change teams or roles within your organisation. We will not accept any data of a sensitive nature, and you will also have access to any information we are provided with.
- Location Information. We may make use of location data sent from Devices or from our analytics and email providers, limited to information about the country or city where you are located at the time.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide from time to time. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We may also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Unique application numbers. When you install or uninstall our App or any service obtained through it containing a unique application number or when such a service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use only use this information on the lawful basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us. In particular, we agree to abide by Our Six Promises to You regarding the Data you provide to us, these are at the start of this documents, contained within the app and on Motivii.com;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from Motivii is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information
- on the lawful basis that it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests:
- to administer Motivii and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Motivii to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device;
- as part of our efforts to keep Motivii safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Motivii about similar content, goods or services of ours that may interest you or them.
- on the lawful basis that it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party:
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your data
To provide our services to you, we may share your Data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries from time to time, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your Data with third-party service providers who provide IT, sales, marketing and system administration services.
We may share aggregated and anonymised Data with You, other Users of Motivii and /or related parties. In such cases we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals, but we may provide aggregated information about our users (for example, we provide you with benchmarking that lets you understand how your Engagement compares with our global average).
In rare cases we may disclose your personal information:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Motivii Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Motivii Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All Data you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access Motivii, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to Motivii; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long we keep personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We will delete your personal within 30 days if you delete your account.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your Data) and obtain your consent if we intend to use your Data for such purposes (unless in respect of our own marketing if you are an existing customer and have not opted-out of such communications) or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or clicking on “Unsubscribe” when we send you any electronic marketing.
Motivii may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. You also have the right to access and receive a copy of information held about you, to request the erasure or correction of your information, to object to the processing of your information or to restrict such processing, and to request the transfer of your data. Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.